Here’s something I’ve learned: A closet that is clean, organized and pretty, tends to stay clean, organized, and pretty.
Below are five ideas to organize a closet while keeping it pretty and stylish at the same time.
1. Declutter, declutter, declutter. In order to keep the closet clean, I removed items not regularly used. Have a coat you haven’t touched in the last year? Think about passing it along. My local thrift store gives a 30% off coupon when you donate, so you can transform your donated item into something more useful.
First: declutter and donate items you don’t use
2. Use Baskets. I’m a fan of using baskets to help keep me organized. I don’t like to see clutter, even in a closet, so the baskets keeps my stuff neat yet out of site. I spray painted the baskets a fun color to coordinate with the rest of the closet.
Tip: Buy inexpensive baskets at a thrift store and then spray paint them a fun color!
3. Broom and Mop Organizer. My coat closet also doubles as a broom closet, so this $9.99 organizer was a must. Once each item has a designated spot in the closet, it was easy to keep the closet tidy.
A broom and mop rack keep the closet tidy
4. Color coordinate your hangers. For $3.99 you can have coordinating hangers. It won’t break the bank and will create a cohesive look for your closet.
5. Shoe organizer. What can I say, we have a lot of running shoes in our household. Ikea has several affordable options out there that keep your floor space shipshape.
And there you have it! I hope this post gives you a little inspiration to give your hall closet a mini-makeover. If done correctly, it will stay organized and stylish for a long time!
Feel free to pin to your pinterest board for when you get around to organizing your closet.